This stress quiz is not meant to replace medical advice or a clinical assessment but it will help you monitor yourself and indicate how you are doing dealing with bullying. If you score high you may want to consider getting some help.
Answer these twenty-five questions: Yes or No.
1) Do you take time to eat well ?
2) Are you trying to do deal with everything yourself?
3) Are you easily irritated by traffic, waiting in lines or people moving too slow?
4) Are you always in a hurry and frequently late?
5) Can you see the humor in situations others find funny?
6) Do you have difficulty falling asleep because you can't turn off your mind?
7) Do you tend towards making a "big deal" of everything?
8) Do you think you are disorganized?
9) Are you able to express your feelings ?
10) Do you make time for exercise 3-5 days a week?
11) Do you have supportive relationships?
12) Do you take regular breaks and time to just be?
13) Do you get angry when you are kept waiting?
14) Were you bullied as a child or as an adult?
15) Are you experiencing headaches, cramping, sore neck and shoulders or stomach problems?
16) Do you believe there is only one right way to do something?
17) Do you build relaxation into every day?
18) Do you spend a lot of time complaining about the past?
19) Do you frequently race through the day?
20) Do you feel unable to cope with all you have to do?
21) Are you fidgety, always in motion, playing with your hair, tapping a foot or doodling?
22) Do you feel you have control over what is happening to you and your child?
23) Do you have multiple responsibilities demanding your time and attention?
24) Does the bullying appear to be beyond your control?
25) Do you believe you and your child can deal with the bullying?
Remember your answers to this stress quiz are not the be all and end all. It is just for your own knowledge.
All "NO" answers for1,5,9,10,11,12,17,22,25 indicate stress. You get 1point for each NO.
All the rest if your answer was YES it indicates a stressor or stress response...you get a point for each of them.
If you racked up more than 18 points you are not dealing with your stresses constructively. You need immediate assistance with stress management and life in general. It will be very difficult for you to be a positive role model for your child.
Between 17 and 12: You have stress in your life that is effecting you in a negative way and would benefit from some stress management tips.
Between 11 and 6: You are dealing well for the most part but there is room for improvement.
5-0: You are most likely dealing quite well and are experiencing normal day to day stress. You can look at stress management as a bonus to further your coping.
So, how did you do with the stress Quiz?
It would be great if we could all score under 5. In all likelihood we are all in the same boat and could use a little help. Who said being parents would be easy?
Real life has a way of sneaking up on us and it never hurts to have some great stress busters in your tool box to help you cope.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.